Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Trunk Line to a Call Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim8582539

Technical User
Feb 16, 2019
US
I have a Merlin Magix R3.0
I would like all calls from trunk 801 to directly ring all members in calling group 771 (members in that group consist of 4400 and t/r 2500 phones).
I've thought of a few different ways to do this (personal lines and coverage groups), but don't think what I came up with is the correct/easy/professional way.
I am using WinSMP to program and in Hybrid/PBX mode, any comments/help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

If you have a group 771 you can add 801 to the group and it will ring those phones. you do need to remove it from any pool it might be included in to do this.

Thanks for the info....already had 801 in the 771 group....didn't realize I needed it removed from the pool (70), so I removed it. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I must be missing something else.

is "group ring" available on r3? maybe you should use personal line appearances

If you call 771 do the phones all ring in the group? Maybe you have the group set-up as incorrectly. Once you add 801 to 771 it should ring the group. You can set the group to log-in and log-out. Possibly the members are not logged into the group to receive 771 calls.

Ok...Ring Group is available on R3 new or with some enhancements for that version.
I found the error....When I removed 801 from the pool 70, it must have deleted it in my 771 ring group (because I knew I put it in there!)
I added 801 back in and everyone is up and ringing.
Thanks for the help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back