Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INCOMING RING DELAY FOR BV OGM ON A TA824 SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYQUEST

Technical User
Oct 20, 2002
US
Setting up a new KX-TA824 for a client. The TA824 is equipped with both the KX-TA82491 Message Expansion Card and the KXTA82492 2-Channel Voice Message Card. The client wants to use the BV OGM to pretty much act as an answering machine for two lines with a 30 second delay before picking up the call, if no one else manually answers the call. I got the lines configured to ring, etc., and recorded an OGM. The only part that seems to be a problem is figuring out how to put in the 30 second delay before answering. I am using the PT programming and nothing seems to work or can’t find the setting to change, and none of the descriptions in the documentation spells out the exact settings to use for this arrangement. I would try the Maintenance Console, but the client can’t get the program to work on the PC using WIN7 or WIN10. We are having USB driver issues finding the right one, then there seems to be a WIN issue of some sort that relates to the USB. I don’t have the details to post at hand. Could it be those settings are only available in the Maintenance Console? At this point I don’t have the Maintenance Console version number, but the date on the CD was 2008. I don’t know how offen Panasonic puts updated CDs in the box with the TA824s, and I don’t know how long this one may have been on the shelf. Any help on these issues would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help...

....JIM....

The latest version of the KX-TA824 Maintenance console supports Win7/8/10 OS.
However the USB drivers fails to install on some Windows 10 machines.

Is this what you are trying to look at? -> Below

DISA AA Wait Time
This program is available only when With AA is selected in DISA Incoming Call Dial Mode on this screen.
Specifies the length of time after entering a first digit in which the caller must dial the second digit before the DISA AA Service activates.
2 s
Value Range
1–5 s
Programming Manual References
[517] DISA AA Wait Time
Feature Manual References
1.1.41 Direct Inward System Access (DISA)

Hi Otoni,

Thanks for the response, but the DISA AA Wait Time settings have nothing to do with the BV OGM! Why?
1. The call hasn’t even been answered yet.
2. I never mentioned DISA anything in my post.

Maybe I presented the description wrong. So lets try this another way.
• The lines ring immediately on all phones
• After 30 seconds of the lines ringing or 6 rings, the BV OGM is suppose to answer the call
• After answering the ringing line, the BV OGM plays, and the caller can leave a message in the common area BV01, if desired or hangup.

This is all I’m asking the TA824 to do! Now, if the BV feature can’t do this, then we can visit the DISA feature, and see if it can provide the functions to make this happen, OK.

It is amazing how dumb some programmers can be with their feature designs on these phone systems, but I guess the Japanese engineers that write this stuff have a different logic and mind set, that can be very different from the logic in the USA. I would think Panasonic would make this a simple option to setup. I did more reading again in the Programming manual, but the descriptions do not quite fit. From your understanding of the TA824 features, what can be done to make this work for my client. Anyone!

....JIM....

What happened to all the Panasonic gurus? Are they all on vacation?

I should have had a useful answer by now! I guess I'll have to tell the client they made a bad choice in a phone system...

....JIM....

As the 824 goes, I would not use the voicemail on it as it is not very good. I think they are for houses and not business.
I would install an answering machine on the system as it is easier.

I have not installed on of those for years as the NS series is not much more expensive but 100 times better

In order to get BV to answer, I think you need to use DISA and then set IRNA time to BV.

Even if you set a msg:

Welcome to **** press 1 to be connected

Use the timer for BV to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back