Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Email issue with outlook 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikebanditcom

Programmer
Jun 11, 2003
US
The problem is that we have a couple of customer service reps answering the same email address, what we've been doing is accepting all emails at one station, then exporting them and importing them on the other computer. What we'd like to do is have them both accept emails but we aren't sure of a good way to set this up, does anyone have any ideas about this at all? ever had this problem? Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks

Dan

You could always set up a rule that when a message comes in for a particular email account have a copy forwarded to another email account.

Dan.

Dan,

That would do no good, our guys would end up answering emails twice. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Dan

We have multiple users answering one box. I set up a profile for that box on each users computer. When they open up outlook, they must choose between their personal email and the shared box.

NOTE: If you just give them all access to the box, and not have them log in separately to the box, outlook will mingle their personal mail in their sent and deleted folders.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

If you use Outlook 2002 on a Microsoft Exchange network, you can use public folders with permissions set for these users.

That's a good idea. I can't think of any other way at this time. You could try and use the Delegates property for the inbox. Go to Tools->Options and the Delegates tab.

Dan.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys and girls, i think the Kjonnnn suggestion may fit however Kjonnnn if you mind elaborating a little further that'd be great as i'm not an huge outlook user, btw we are using 2000. i'd love to implement exchange however the bosses probably won't go for it right now and no server to put it on locally. thanks again.

Thank you for the star. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back