Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming DID DN converted

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hey all, just a quick question to confirm my beliefs..... I have a DID DN x4000 that when called from a cellphone it rings in across my PRI to the switchboard when its supposed to be going to my VM system via DSC 4000. I decided to trace it (TRAD) and when I did, I can see the call hit the PRI trunk and then it shows DIAL DN= 0". My belief is that the carrier is converting it and sending 0 down the PRI pipe. Does anyone else concur the carrier is performing some kind of digit manipulation or is there any other programming I should check? Thanks

I forgot to add, there is no IDC tables built.

If no IDC is built then that is likely the case. My assumption is that they are only out-pulsing the final digit of the DID (0 in this case). Especially since you are seeing it on a TRAD.

Hey guys, thank you so much for the feedback. This issue still has not been resolved. I spent most of the day today troubleshooting this issue and rebuilt the route, all the trunks, RLB, etc. NCOS/FRL is not an issue because I provisioned NCOS 0 and FRL 0 on my trunks and RLB until everything is resolved. No TGAR/TARG entries either, all removed to ease troubleshooting. I advised the user to contact their carrier and have them confirm and if need be reconfigure the PRI circuits to only send 4 digits down the PRI's.

SharkySeph, I believe what you mentioned may be the case, but I cant figure out how to run an ENTC due to the amount of trunks I have and the fact im not on site. Running a TRAD is the best i can for now.

Firebird, 4000 is a DSC, so no TNB available.

So when I run the TRAD on the route and channel identified once the call is established, I see that the "CALLING NO" is the actual cellphone used, but the "CALLED NO" is showing me 2014000. I should only be seeing 4000 so I don't know why the 201 precedes the 4000. Then there is the issue as to why the DIAL DN shows 0. So im at a loss until I hear back from the carrier anyway. So when I was done ripping out whats left of my hair, I decided to try and assign 4000 to standard telephone. So I removed it as a DSC and stuck it on key 3 of a 3904. Wouldn't you know it, when called from an external phone, it rang right to the phone with no problem. So if the PBX is able to recognize the DN if its assigned to a telephone set, why wouldn't it know what to do with it when its assigned as a DSC or ACD for that matter?

Do you have anything configured for LDN in your Customer Data Block?

Turn on D-Channel messaging and see what they are sending down the pipe. If they are sending 7 digits 2014000 then it is more than likely following vacant number intercept treatment because 2014000 isn't a valid DN.

If it rang in to the 3904 phone then your issue is more than likely with your DSC

Hey guys, I really appreciate the great responses. It always helps to have a second, third, forth, set of eyes on any issue. So with that being said, I want to really quick pass along the fix action. After exhausting all these great ideas, I had to take a step back and come to the conclusion that no matter what I did, the issue was the carrier, which it was. The issue had to do with signaling, so under the "PARM" settings, my BCAP was set to the default of "SPEECH". The carrier for whatever reason made changes on their end and ended up setting up 3.1khz signaling. Once there signaling was set back to SPEECH, viola!! Hope this helps someone else out there. Have a great day and stay safe out there!!

Thanks for letting us know that it was fixed. It is very easy to blame the PABX when something goes wrong. Its a good job that the carrier admitted it was their error as you might still be having to solve it.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back