Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxfoote

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2003
US
I have a XP Pro pc at a retail store that runs the customers POS software. Everything works fine except I am having serious troubles with incoming connections for dial in from their other store for polling of their POS software. I set up an incoming connection and select the modem(external USR 56K modem) as the device. However, after completing this and going into the incoming connection the USR modem is not selected. I select it again and go back into the connection and again it isn't there.

I have tried different modems, I have patched to all current patches and still have the same problem. With the complexity of their POS software I want to avoid a wipe and reload if at all possible.

Any ideas would be appreciated - Thanks!

This sounds strongly like a permissions issue, or a Group Policy setting that is preventing a persistent change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back