Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddGivens

Programmer
Nov 7, 2002
US
We are currently utilizing cisco callmanager at a small office (3.3). I would like all phones to ring when an incoming call is received. Any ideas?
Thanks as always,
Todd

You would have to setup all the phones with the same number. Its called a shared line. If you are using 2 line phones, setup line 1 as shared, then give the second line its own extension. Picking up another phone on the shared line once it has been answered will require you to "barge" into the line by pressing a softkey. Barge is only available if you are using the G711 codec.

Hope this helps

There is also an application you can purchase called Berbee hunt group that will automatically park a call and then ring a bunch of phones. I've also heard that version 4 will allow you to ring a bunch of phones without an external app but I haven't seen it yet.

FIL

The ponly issue with shared lines is once there is an active call no one else will be able to use that line.

The fix? Use CM 4.0! There are two way around this, shared lines on steroids. You can use shared lines even if someone else is on the line. The other is use Line Groups. A line group is like a hunt group but you can do a broadcast call to the pilot number. The nice thing about a line group is you don't have to put a share Line appearance on everyones phone you just put each persons extention in the line group and set it up as a broadcat group. A call comes in and everybody's phone rings.

Yep, Call Manager 4.0 has a good number of feature enhancements. You can read about them here :

I'll be testing v4.0 in the next fortnight, so I'll have more on the subject of Hunt groups come around April time. I'm not upgrading my v3.3.3 cluster quite yet though. I'll wait until I hear more on stability and interoperability (PA and Unity being the main ones for me, but also Exchange 2003 which we're implementing later in the year).

4.0 has been great. We have been testing for about 6 months now and we have one site in production.

I have Unity Unified messaging, PA, and IPCC running currently and have not had any major issues.

I got my 4.0 CDs on Monday so I'll start checking it out real soon!

When creating a "shared line" it appears that I have to add a phone. When adding a phone I am required to pick a phone type. So is this correct or is there a way to create a virtual extension that rings on multiple phones without adding a phone with MAC address?

Avaya experienced - new to Cisco.

Just add a new DN to an existing phone. That is if your phone button template allows for multiple lines. If it does, on the Phone Configuration page you'll have Line 1 - {ext. xxxx}, then Line 2 - Add new DN. Click the Add new DN line and create your shared line appearance. Follow the same procedure to add the same DN to each of the phones in the group.

I have a problem with the follow-me function on a 7912G Cisco ip telephone. If I configure follow-me to my mobile phone and someone phones me they just get the number unobtainable tone. We think it has something to do with the Callmanager mixing the A- and B-numbers but we are not sure.

We are running a Call Manager 4.0 connected to AXE via a cisco 2651 router. Anyone there with a solution to this problem?
Thanks in advance!

For those Interested in Broadcast and Ring groups, CM 4.1 allows you to have an extension in multiple ring groups. So you can do a layering effect with the Broadcast ring. We use this in our setup where it rings recruiters for 6 seconds then picks up Account Managers and Recruiters for 8 seconds, then everyone in the office till it hits voicemail. Great for call coverage. In 4.0 once an extension was in a line group it couldnt be used again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back