Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Calls to Ring over Loud Speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy09

Programmer
Mar 22, 2013
US
I had a tech call in and ask about setting up a feature which the customer claims to have had previously. He is installing a Partner ACS processor and called to ask if there was a way to make it so that the incoming calls would ring over the loudspeaker. I wasnt sure from the conversation with him if it was for only one extension or if it is meant for any incoming calls so if you know of how to do either, i would appreciate your response here. Thank you all :)

Yes it is possible. You need an amplifier with a ringer option on it. It all depends on the amplifier as to how you connect the Partner. I would guess you would use a station port connected to the ringer of the amplifier. If all calls are to ring over the speakers you would then add the lines to that extension port you connected and program them to ring.

Thank you Telecomboy. I appreciate your response. I will have to check with him to see what kind of amplifier is being used and if he can connect it like you were talking about

I've seen tone generators that are tripped by ring voltage that can be adapted for amps that don't have this feature like the Bogens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back