Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Calls Through Avaya System -Calls Dropping While On Calls With Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peacerradiogirltek

Technical User
Nov 16, 2013
US
I work for a company doing tech/customer service support. We work off a flash drive on rave desktop along with logging on to Citrix from home and once loaded we receive incoming calls through Avaya/soft phone system. Recently while on with customers, customers will say they cant hear me and visa versa and sound goes completely dead during the call. Lately calls have been dropping. I work off of a flash drive and when loaded I am on my company's desktop. My ISP provider has ran test from my home to my job and visa versa and pass with flying colors, but the issue is Avaya and suggestions of how to resolve issue?

can you run trace on system, list trace tac and post the results.
\can you please shed some more light in your setup

what makes you say "the issue is avaya"? there are lots of moving parts between the soft phone client and the cm server. you may be able to tweak settings in the client to adapt to your vpn settings, but that doesn't mean the issue is avaya.

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

I'd start with a list trace, if Avaya isn't dropping the calls I could almost bet money it has to do with Citrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back