Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Call Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaunde7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2016
US
I need to make a mass change to my incoming call treatment on several trunk groups. Rather than manually doing this line by line, I tried to do an import in ASA and it's only importing a certain amount of rows 194 to be exact. I need to make a change/replace and import 420 entries. Is there some work around or is this a limit to CM, on CM7. Is there an import I can do using System Manager, searched there and didn't see anything.

Can you spilt the import? So import 2 times 190 and after that the last 40.

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

I will try that but not sure how that will work as when you do an import is replaces whats already there.

Yeah, sorry about that. I just said something and didn’t check.

Anyone else out there have any suggestions?

20 years ago we used Procomm Plus scripts to do this kind of stuff. Perhaps there are still some script out there? (I do not have them anymore)

I used auto-hot-key to write scripts in Windows, copying commands and information from a spreadsheet, switching to ASA, and pasting the commands. It worked as long as I had enough pauses to let the PC catch up to the commands and set the typing speed fairly low. Honestly, you will probably spend as much time developing a script as just powering though.

As previously mentioned, a friendly business partner with Provision can get that done in a heartbeat. Costs a bit, however.

One other thing that may help. We now use a different approach for incoming numbers. On the incoming call treatment of all trunks we define only the number lenght and (only) insert the AAR access code. Then on the aar digit conversion table (plenty of room) you define the incoming number just as you would do on the incoming call treatment page. The benefit of this is that you only need to define the numbers just once and it will apply to all trunks with the AAR access code. Exceptions still can be made on the incoming call treatment form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back