Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call route to match extension 1

finest

MIS
May 11, 2011
US
We have the DIDs in three different ranges

212-901-xxxx
646-882-xxxx
201-817-xxxx

There is no overlap of the last four

They come to us as 10 digit.

What’s the best way to program the incoming calls routes — so it takes the last four digits and sends the call to those four digit extension numbers.

And will the system utilize the 10 digit phone number as outgoing caller ID if there’s a match on the incoming call or do we have to program each of those separately ?

You can create them like this:

212901XXXX Destination: #
646882XXXX Destination: #
201817XXXX Destination: #

I Would only use the last 2 digits to do this though, example:

20181751XX Destination: 51#

Alternatively, you could use the MSN configuration tool to create all 300

Incoming call route 212901xxxx -> #
Outbound 9N/Dial/NS212901E (or NS1212901E or whatever the carrier expects).

You could set up 3 user rights and set your outbound short code for each range in there then just assign the user rights to each user depending on on the range they are in.

What version? Is the trunk SIP?

Wondering if you have looked in the help?

1729244746391.png
The outbound depends on a number of factors.

If its SIP and you set the URL to Auto it will try and match the incoming route to the user for the outgoing caller id but I find it problematic I always use Internal data on the SIP trunk and put the number in the user SIP field.

I prefer to have all the DIDs created and pointed at the individual extensions. That way it is easy to point unused DIDs at the main incoming call routing or to have a DID pointed at voicemail module. It does get a bit crazy if you have large ranges, but if you've only got 100 total DIDs I'd go MSN tool to create individual entries in ICR.

- Qz

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back