Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming call route problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbarry722

Technical User
Jan 31, 2013
GB
Hi Folks.

Looking for a bit of assistance as I have messed something up on the school telephone system for the main incoming number.

Basically whilst taking the auto attendant off, I deleted the incoming call route for the telephone number by accident rather than the actual time profiles - silly error.

Anyway, I managed to recreate it and got it back up and running again to the point where I know how to add the Auto attendant back in as and when required plus, reception can answer the call

My problem is, if the receptionist is already on a call and a second call comes in, it rings once at the receptionist's phone and second line button just flashes. It doesn't pass on over to the fallback extension which is the reception overflow even though the fallback extension is set for the reception overflow to multiple phones for someone to pick up. As a side, if someone in the back office hears the reception phone ringing, they can pick it up.

Reception have been testing settings with me and they also let the phone ring so that if not answered, it should ring out to the Huntgroup but that isn't happening either

Anyone any idea as to what I've done wrong with the incoming call route?

When you first open the manager programme it makes a backup off the system..

So open the manager in off line...NOT connected to the IPO
You can then check the previous config

you can then look at the ICR route to check what was done.

Huntgroup don’t go fallback unless you enable an OOS or Night Service button

You probably have an overflow set in the huntgroup so set the overflow(fallback)
Group here .
This is were the huntgroup acts upon the no answer timer and overflows to the second huntgroup.

But as I say check the backup before you made the changes to see what was done.

Cheers Snowman50

Have it sorted now which, if I've read your response correctly, the BT Support guys did. Found the helpdesk number - after I posted here. LOL!!

Basically, I had the ICR for the number pointing to the reception phone (221) thinking that if it was engaged, it would fall over to the Reception overglow group - which it didn't. I checked what the support guy did and it seems, he set the destination for the incoming line to 'Reception HG' (Group) and the Fallback Extension to 'Reception Overflow' also created in the groups table.

Does that sound correct with what you were saying?

Works fine now

Declan

Fun fact about backups. At some point Avaya turned that off by default. Learned that the hard way and now make sure it is turned on.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

And, sometimes the .bak files end up in

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager

If you're looking for them in Windows Explorer instead of Manager

Yes that sounds right.

At least it’s working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back