Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Call group and appearance buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerettaGuy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2023
US
So I'll explain the setup first then the issue so hopefully the configuration is understood.

IP-Office 11.1.2.4.0, We have 10 lines coming into our system, it is setup as a roll over group from the phone company so if line one is busy then the next caller is bumped over to line 2 and so on. The system is setup with these lines in an incoming call route called "Incoming FTI" This is routed to a "Incoming FTI" group with extension 300. That group is setup with a collective ring mode of 7 stations. All 7 stations have 3 or more call appearance buttons configured.

Scenario I'm trying to figure out is, Call comes in, rings at all 7 stations, Extension 100 in the group answers it, that call shows on call appearance button A on their phone. While they are on the phone, a second caller is calling in, this call is only ringing on 6 of the 7 phones. Those 6 it shows up on appearance button A. Why does the user who is on a call not see the second incoming call on appearance button B?

The reason why this is sometimes an issue is if the main receptionist is transferring a call and someone else calls in, she can't see that at her station therefore the call is forced to be answered by one of the backups, IF they are available to do so.

Another scenario where it presents an issue is with the morning hours when there may only be one person answering the phone and it's people calling out of work for example. That user can't see or answer a second incoming call if they are on one. In our previous system if they were on a call they could put that one on hold to answer another incoming call and then put them on hold to get back to the first call they were dealing with.

I read in some places to enable Call Waiting, but that is only available on the user configuration and according to Avaya that is only needed if the user has only 1 call appearance button to work with. So that is not applicable.

The only scenario where I see it work is when the user is on an direct call to an other extension and there is a incoming call, that incoming call is presented to them on appearance button B for them and appearance button A for the others.

Another scenario that I noticed, which may not be solvable, if two people are calling in at the same time, the system only shows one caller until someone answers it, then the rest of the phones in the groupo will switch over to show the second caller ID. Is this just a limitation of the call queuing for that incoming call route?

Make sure your hunt group is set to be collective call waiting.

Collective Call Waiting – This is a Collective hunt group but with hunt group call waiting also enabled. When an additional call to the hunt group call is waiting to be answered, users in the group who are already on a call will receive call waiting indication. On phones with call appearance buttons, the call waiting indication takes the form of an alert on the next available call appearance button. All available users will see the call on the first call appearance.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Wow... I can't believe I missed that... I swear I didn't see that as a Ring Mode for the group, however I was just looking for a check box to enable call waiting on the group and couldn't find it. Never thought it was another ring mode.

Does the user also need to be enabled for "call waiting"? Or is that only specific to users who may only have 1 call appearance button.

If they only have one appearance they will get an audible notification. I would leave the users call waiting enabled personally.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

None of the users currently have call waiting enabled. Every phone as 3 call appearance buttons programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back