Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Call duration restriction 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBTC

MIS
Feb 17, 2021
PK
Hi All. It is CM 8.1.
We wants to restrict incoming call duration, i mean we wants to drop incoming call to a specific department extension after five minutes. It is a inbound small CC setup and we wants that every incoming call to these extension should drop after 5 minutes.

Any chance to get the requested configuration done??

I am not sure if it will disconnect, but try ACA on the trunkgroup.

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

This might work. Not sure if it applies to only outgoing calls or all trunk calls.
Page 2 of the cor
Outgoing Trunk Disconnect Timer (minutes):

So after 4:55 minutes:

"Could you please confirm this 2 mlllion USD order for me by saying YES?"

So if a customer is on a call with an agent and it takes more than 5 minutes to (resolve their issue, take their order, take their complaint, etc) you're just going to hang up the call?

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Best part: totally doable. If you loopty loop it thru SM, then you get the outgoing trunk disconnect timer :)

I just wanted to drop incoming call after 4 or 5 minutes. Outgoing call must not be drop. It is only a outgoing call setup for advertising, incoming calls comes through other UAN number. As par policy incoming call is not allowed but if some customer dials in by mistake the helpdesk member routes him to the other UAN number.

I mean by the help desk members stays connected with incoming caller , ignoring the outcall work.

Any more help?

Build a trunk and a route for these calls to SM - call it trunk 2

If the calls come in trunk 1, manipulate the digits to send out trunk 2 to SM and have SM send back to CM

Then you have the outgoing disconnect timer of trunk 2

Very good idea, STAR for you...a new learning again...I will check the tip once i get to the site but i believe it will work accept i am not sure about incoming CLI, i mean incoming CLI will show correct or not after re routing to SM and then back to CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back