Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Call detection problem with Fax Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProvRobbie

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
GB
I have an ambient HaM data/fax/voice v90 modem installed on a Windows ME machine.

It is working fine for internet applications, and for sending faxes but when I want it to autodetect and incoming fax, it does not answer.

I have tried hyperterminal, and it does not hear the incoming call.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Rob..

Hello Rob

I use OUTLOOK (not outlok express) as fax transport and it works perfectly. I am not sure what you need to do with WinME to get the fax to work but in WIN9x you have to install AWF (at work fax)from the Windows CD (there are two, international and USA).

Of course you will only receive faxes if the transport programme is activated i.e. Outlook is open and minimized. You can set the fax machine to answer automatically after a given number of rings. Regards

Phil

Please tell me if the answer I gave was helpful or a bus ride out. Without your feedback I won't know.

Phil,

Thanks for the response.

This is actually a friend's PC, and I will try to check this over the coming days.

He is using Winfax Pro as his fax software.

I don't think the Outlook/Windows solution will be the definitive answer, as I have checked the modem in Hyperterminal, and the modem itself does not detect the incoming call.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rob..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back