Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incoming Call Blocking on a SV 8300

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchell70

Technical User
Apr 13, 2016
US
Its been a while since working on the 8300s but can anyone inform me how to stop unwanted calls from coming in to various telephones. I am looking for a refresher. Customer has specific calls coming into their DID that they want to stop completely from a specific number. Any instructions would be beneficial.

I ran into this recently and blocked them at carrier level. My incoming line is on a AT&T IP Flex circuit and I was able to get access to the circuit from AT&T via a web portal and worked out how to block specific numbers there. I don't know who your carrier is or if this helps. I do not know how to do it from within the phone system. If your carrier is AT&T I can tell you what portal you would need your rep to get you into ...

1st solution is as proposed by bengi1234 - you could ask you carrier to block calls from certain numbers.
2nd you configure "CID call routing" - read this chapter in Configuration Manual.
It's not straightforward "blacklisting" but does job well.

Sto 933,

Could you take this one step further. I have reviewed the configuration manual and am having some issues. Do you have a demo example I can use to look at for reference that you could share? It is definatley not straight forward. We no longer have a vendor to get support from and we need to get a number blocked asap. Telco provider is not easily willing to block numbers.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back