Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

including tool into IDE on XP works only for Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZuGa

Programmer
Jul 27, 2005
CH
Hello

I am working with Borland C++ 4.5 IDE (I know this is quiet an old version ;-)). I installed it on a new Computer running XP Prof as Administrator. I use make.exe as a translater tool, which generates text output as the compiler, so I specified $CAP MSG(MAKE2DLL) as an option. From the Administrator account all works well. From a user account it seems not to have write access to the message window, it only displays this in the message window: 'Running c:\progs\bc\bin\make.exe -fpgr:' (pgr.mak is the name of my makefile).
I can however open a DOS shell and run make -fpgr and all works fine outputting the messages to this shell.
It seems for me there is a problem with some rights my user needs. But which? And where to set them? It did not help giving full permissions to the bc directory.

Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back