Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Including last date/time a macro was run on a switchboard 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLPandAJF

Technical User
May 6, 2000
US
Hi -<br><br>I was able to get my switchboard to display the last time a particular macro was run by a long, round-about process.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm thinking there must be an easier way.<br><br>The way I did it was to create a table called Last Update with one record (Date).&nbsp;&nbsp;Then I created an update query which updated the field to Now().&nbsp;&nbsp;I added this update query to one of the many things done by a particular macro.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then I put the date field onto my switchboard as a list box.&nbsp;&nbsp;It works but it seems like a very crude way to show my users when the last data download was performed.<br><br>Any simpler ideas?<br><br>Thanks.<br>

If you are just trying to display the date a table was last updated...<br><br>Assuming that the name of the table is Table10...<br><br>Add this to the Form_Open event of your switchboard form...<br><br><FONT FACE=monospace><br>Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;LastUpdated = DLookup(&quot;DateUpdate&quot;, &quot;MSysObjects&quot;, &quot;Name = 'Table10' And Type = 1&quot;)<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>End Sub<br></font> <p>Jim Conrad<br><a href=mailto:jconrad3@visteon.com>jconrad3@visteon.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back