Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Including an attachment in a Mail Merged E-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintAugustine

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
I'm using the Microsoft Word 97 Mail Merge feature to send out several e-mails at once.

The thing is, I'd like to these e-mails to include a form as an attachment (the form is another Word doc). I can't figure out how to insert the attachment into the Word doc and have it included in the e-mail as well.

The best I can do is to select the "Send Document as Attachment" option in the "setup" menu of the Mail Merge dialog box. But that sends the whole thing as an attachment with no text in the e-mail.

Also, if I use this method then the recipient would have to open the first e-mail and then open the attached Word doc to get to the message I'm trying to send them, and then they'd have to click on the form attached to the Word doc to open THAT up. Which is ridiculous.

Any tips? Thanks!

You mean as text? Unfortunately, the form has some very fancy formatting which gets garbled when it's included as text in the e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back