Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Including a Word document in a Crystal Rpt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefftopia

Programmer
Jul 30, 2002
US
I am looking to find a way in which a word document can be included in a crystal report.

Currently my report consists of a number of subreports, all drawing data from an MS Access database. Is there a way that when I open my Crystal Rpt it would include a word document as a subreport also?

Input appreciated.

thanks for the quick reply synapsevampire.

i believe you have helped me before.

do you have any examples, or references to examples, you would recommend? i have never used OLE before.

thx

It's straightforward enough, just use the pull down menu:

Insert->OLE Object, locate your word doc and insert it.

If you're hoping to dynamically update the Word doc with fields in CR, you can't do that within CR.

You'd need a controlling application such as VB to handle everything.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

FYI, Crystal will only display the first page of a multi-page OLE object. This means that you must insert each page of your multi-page document as a separate OLE object. If you only have one page then this doesn't apply.

Refer to KB article:
The article refers to CR7, but I have personally verified this with CR8.5 Pro.

rhinok,

thanks for the warning. you may have saved me a lot of frustration. don't know if i will go the OLE route in that case.

hi there,
Do you know how can i had a readme.txt in a vb aplication with crystal reports in the setup package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back