Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Include Unmatched Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotton

Technical User
Jun 20, 2005
US
Okay, I know I have been able to do this before and I can not remember what I did besides check marking the box "Include Unmatched Records" when trying to do an outer join between the PV_JOB table and PV_AL_CHK_DED table.

I am trying to show everyone that is on LOA that has benefits and show their last check where we took benefits out. Now it is possible that there are employees out there that have not ever paid on these benefits so they wouldn't have a deduction in the PV_AL_CHK_DED table. I need them to show up on my final results even if they are not in the PV_AL_CHK_DED table.

How do I accomplish this?

TIA,

Sarah

Do you have Selection Critera on the PV_AL_CHK_DED table?

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Yes, I am looking at CHECK_DT being less than or equal to the check date the enduser selects in the report variable.
So, if the enduser runs this report for today, 03/31/2006, it will display anyone with an action of LOA with an action date of 03/31/2006 or less. I did include that CHECK-DT could also be null which I thought would include anyone on LOA that doesn't have a check with deductions in it. I'm not getting anyone back with a blank check date but I know that people are dropping off because I ran a general LOA report first so I could make sure everyone is included.

Hope this answers your question CharlesCook and thank you for your help,

Sarah

Can you screen print your Selections screen and email it to me? You will find my email address on the contact page of my web page charlescook.com

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back