Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

include files in ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ching0418

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
HK
hello!

i have ASP pages using

<!--#include file="include/getvars.asp"-->

when i was still using Windows XP as my environment...everything is working fine....But when I transferred my application to Windows 2003 server, problems arise...specifically in this line of code. Because if i remove the include file line, it's working...but if it's there, the error "Page cannot be displayed" is displayed

please help me...i'm new to Windows 2003 server...are there configurations i have to do?

thanks in advance!

I think you may have to configure IIS to automatically parse files with .ASP extensions for includes. I think it parses only .shtml by default. The chances are you may already have this set under XP without knowing it.

However I am no expert.

I was hoping you wouldn't ask! Sorry but I'm not sure how - I just remember reading something to this effect.

Perhaps you could start by changing the include to pick up a file with a .shtml extension but in the same location and see if that works. If it does, it would suggest we are on the right track. If it doesn't, you should ignore me!

I was hoping you wouldn't ask! Sorry but I'm not sure how - I just remember reading something to this effect and using .shtml extensions for my includes to avoid the issue.

Perhaps you could start by changing the include to pick up a file with a .shtml extension but in the same location and see if that works. If it does, it would suggest we are on the right track. If it doesn't, you should ignore me!

whats the exact error you get with error number just copy and paste error

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the rhq120102 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back