Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Include/Exclude List 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smicro

MIS
Dec 26, 2002
US
Netbackup 7.0

Have a windows policy set to back up all local drives.

The client has two drives C and H.

We needed to back up the files with extensions .bak and .trn on the C drive.

On the H drive we need .bak and .trn only in the folders in
H:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\ but not the files in the directory H:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup.

Here is my exclude/include.

Exlude List = *:\
Include List=
C:\*.trn
C:\*.bak
H:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\[a-zA-Z]*

THE H part of include/exclude is working correctly. Only files in the folders under Backup are getting backed up but files in Backup aren't getting backed up.

the issue is .bak and .trn files in C aren't getting backed up. It is only looking for .bak and .trn in the C directory not in the subfolders of the C directory. Anyway to specify to search all subdirecotries in C for .bak and .trn? Thanks.

I think the way you have it now specifies only the root of C:\
You can try c:\*\*.trn (and *.bak) and see if it includes all subdirs, or you can just drive the C:\and specify *.trn and *.bak (that is system wide though)But if your ultimate goal is to catch these files then it should work.

Thanks the problem with doing the C:\and specify *.trn and *.bak is that I also need files on h drive as well.

if you add another line to your include list
H:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\*
It should get the files the root of ...\Backup\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back