Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Include error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moooink

Technical User
Feb 22, 2002
US
On my main page I have an include that calls to a calendar events script. It has been working for months flawlessly and now suddenly it is giving a bizzare error. The include path is correct, and when browsing the events.php file by itsself, the script works. Any ideas?

PHP Warning: main() [<a href=']: cannot represent a stream of type socket as a STDIO FILE* in C:\ on line 14

PHP Warning: main() [<a href=']: Failed opening ' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in C:\ on line 14

well for some reason it was not allowing a URL to be included, but if i included the direct path (calendar/events.php) WITHOUT the ?limit=1...it appears to work. Not sure why this is so.

Is the script to be included on the same filesystem as the file on the filesystem? If so, there's not point in doing a URL include. Particularly in light of the fact that the script code in the include file will already have access to the value you're sending it.

URL includes are slower and more resource intensive than a filesystem include.

As to why this has happened, I can only imagine that something has changed somewhere. An upgrade to PHP or a change to php.ini. Is this on your own machine or on a hosted server?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

my own machine. the php.ini was altered but only in one spot, to allow php_gd2.ini to be of use to a separate image altering thumbnail creating script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back