Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inclement weather/closure message in front of normal Auto Attendant 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasidija

Technical User
Mar 4, 2007
Hi - running CallPilot 4.0 on CS1000. Office Manager wants to be able to remotely 'turn on' an emergency recording announcing to callers that the office is closed due to inclement weather. Is there a general guideline for getting me headed in the right direction? Like - do I do this in Application Builder? Or...?
Thanks for your help!

put an announcement in front of the main menu. During normal time have it say something like "Thank you for calling ACME lumber. (or whatever your company name is) then direct it to the main menu. In the event of bad weather you can change the announcement and then the calls will go to the main menu.

It would be done in Application builder. Or just re-record the menu when needed. then you wouldn't have to change app builder.

Hope this helps. Comes up alot every winter.

Telephone Remote Service Activation (TRSA)

Search for that in the online help in CallPilot Manager.

This will let you have a pre-recorded announcement that can be turned on from a phone. Then the announcement could continue on to your regular application.

It is clearly explained in the online help.

Thank you, Stanley...

The documentation on the TRSA feature in the online help is very promising.
However, when I follow the administration instructions to enable the TRSA, the expected value in the drop-down box is not appearing.

For example - the instructions say:
To configure Telephone Remote Service Activation (TRSA) feature
Before you start, do the following:

"ensure there is an available SDN configured on the switch for you to assign to the Telephone Remote Service Activation application

define a password that administrators must enter when dialing into the remote activation service

Note: When you configure this feature, you do not need to specify the SDNs or Application IDs that you want to be able to remotely activate. Once the feature is configured, remote activation is available for all SDNs and services.

System > Service Directory Number

On the Service Directory Number page, click New.

In the Service DN box, type the SDN you want to assign to the Telephone Remote Service Activation application. (This is not the SDN you want to be able to remotely reassign.)

*********In the Application Name box, select Telephone Remote Service Activation. ******************

In the Remote Activation Password box, type a password, and then retype it in the Password Confirmation box.

Click Save

So, the issue appears that in my Application Name box - I do not have the option to select Telephone Remote Service Activation.

I'm wondering if this is a licensed feature... :p

oh oh.
Looks like it's a release 5 feature. If you're getting the online help description you must have the release 5 CallPilot Manager PEP installed (it is compatible with rls 4). Sorry.

Bummer! Okay - makes sense. Guess we'll take the manual route as suggested by Janaya - if it comes to that.
At least until we upgrade. :)

Thank you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back