Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InCD problem - multiple instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGy

MIS
Apr 4, 2003
US
I have a W2KServer that is always locally logged in as "admin" and uses InCD for a weekly backup task. That all works fine.

I find that whenever non-admin Terminal Services clients logon, they "usually" get lousy performance and the processes list shows a second copy of InCD.exe running at 99% of the CPU. Terminate the task, and everything is fine.

These terminal services users don't need InCD services, and the manual process termination is sometimes difficult due to the slow response - and a lot to ask of an unsophisticated user.

InCD appears nowhere in any startup folders, and one copy of "InCD File System Service" is listed under services, but it isn't obviouly configurable...

Any ideas?

You could use a login script (one that only runs for the TS user) that kills the process as soon as the user logs on.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back