Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbox sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewishardwick

Technical User
Jan 11, 2003
GB
Now this is probably a silly question but I cannot for the life of me remember the answer.

I am trying to set up my outlook Inbox so that someone else can look at my e-mails.

I know you can set up Delegates, but this opens a new outlook window, I have seen people who have another folder called 'Inbox' at the botton of their folder list, and they view them in this way.

How do I go about setting this feature up, as it would be very handy for me!

Cheers

This can be done if you're using an Exchange server. You need to assign user permssions on your mailbox to the other person (on the server). Once that's done an extra mailbox can be added to your local mail profile. Good luck!

Don't worry if you do not have access to the Exchange Server though as there is another way round it.

Right click on Mailbox - yourname (or however it appears) go to properties then permissions and give whoever you want to view your inbox "reviewer" rights.

Then right click on your inbox and go to properties, then permissions and add whoever you need with the access rights that you want them to have to your inbox.

The reason for giving them access at this level is so they can add the mailbox to the folder list. i.e > Tools > Services > Exchange Server > Properties > advanced > open additional mailboxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back