Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound only for multiple domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnmcosta

Programmer
Jun 27, 2007
GB
Hi,

I'm fairly new to sendmail and server configuration on Linux.

We are an ESP and we're trying to implement a bounce back return path/replies architecture.

Basically we need to achieve the following with send mail:

1- Setup sendmail so it will only receive messages and *NEVER* send!
2- Be able to receive messages from multiple domains that have their MX record pointing to our sendmail box. If sendmail can remain untouchable e.g without having to setup a domain each time we create it!.
3- Analyse the TO header and create folders/accounts matching a specific criteria, e.g. if the TO is bounce_123_456@inbound.domain.com create the account/folder bounce_123 and dump the message there.
4- Ideally the 3rd point would be a bounce account with multiple folders inside e.g. bounce\123, bounce\321, possibly only achievable with IMAP but open to suggestions!
5- Handle all the above with high amounts of traffic. I'm talking at about 1000s a minute...

I appreciate your help,

Kind Regards,
Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back