Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inbound mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

rihu

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2002
SE
I'm running an exchange 2003 server. I setup a smtp connector for outbound mail that uses dns to route all mail, The outbound works fine, but I can't seem to setup inbound mail. I have an mx record pointing to my IP, and I opened up smtp for inbound traffic

Thanks
Tommy

try with telnet first to see if your port 25 is open and correctly forwarded.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

I am having the same issue with my Exchange 2000 server. I am able to send out to anybody with no problem. I am able to send internally no problem, but I am unable to send from the outside world to my server. I have my MX record setup and pointing to my IP. I am able to verify the port is open using:

I have tried both the SMTP and the Pop3 testers on this site and I am able to recieve email this way. I would assume that this means my port is forwarding correctly. If anybody has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

The eternal newbie....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back