Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound Intended Recipients Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieIT

MIS
Apr 9, 2003
US
I have a Domino 5.012 server. In the Configuration file for my server under "Router/SMTP>Restrictions and Controls>SMTP Inbound Controls" I have typed my own e-mail address. I saved the document, and even restarted the server. The way I understand this feature is supposed to work is: Whatever e-mail address is on that field is the ONLY e-mail address that will receive e-mails. ALL other e-mails will be denied. That is exactly what I am hoping to accomplish. My server is getting bombarded by thousands of spam which is intended for users who do not exist. If I can make this field work, I can put everyone's name at my company in the field and deny all of the spam.

Well, this Unfortunately, what described above is not working at all. Everyone is still receiving e-mail even though I am the only one in this field. Does anyone know why this isn't working? (or if I just misunderstood what it is supposed tobe doing).

Thanks!

I never tried that. when I was on R5 I just got header info on the spam and started blocking domains an ip addresses. but that was a never ending job so I upgraded to R6 and started using Blacklist Filters and that knocked off about 95 percent of the junk mail.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Has anyone used "Inbound Intended Recipients Controls" in R5?

Not used that area specifically, but used the deny part. I did have the same problem at the start, but noticed that I had two server definitions. One was a default definition and the other was keyed to the server. I only changed the default before. By adding into the specific one, the deny then worked. You might want to look to see if this is your problem.

[pc]

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back