Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound email sent directly to a printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

natesin

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
US
Is it possible to have an external email address, that when mail is received to it that the output is directed to print out at a printer automatically?

Any info greatly appreciated.

TIA

Natesin

In Outlook (2002 although this may be possible in earlier versions), under the Rules Wizard you can send messages to print.

Unfortunately you need a computer that keeps Outlook open all the time for this to work so it may not be ideal

I have used the rule method before and it also doesnt seem to work unless Outlook is kept running in the forground too. I now use a program called AutoPrint by You still need outlook open but it works perfectly and there are other cool features in it too.

Thanks guys.

I thought about Outlook rules, but this is for voluteers at a hospital that know little to nothing about technology and would definately be challenging for them. I was hoping for a server based solution.

Regards,
Natesin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back