Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog175

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2000
US
I have just setup a new Domino 7 server for testing before going live. Everything seems to work ok except I cannot receive external e-mails. I can send e-mails fine. I can receive e-mails from my current production server on the same subnet. But when I try to send something from hotmail, gmail I get the response: 554 Relay rejected for policy reasons.
The domino server log shows this
SMTP Server: Attempt to relay mail to ????@xyz.com rejected for policy reasons. Relays to recipient's domain denied in your configuration.
@xyz.com is in the Allow to in the inbound router config tab
Any help or insight is appreciated.

Hello

In the server doc, configuration, router smtp, restrictions and controls, restrictions. there is a field called "allow mail only from doamins". check to see what domain name is in that field. it should be blank.

I had an issue with this for one of my mailservers and when i removed our notes doamin name out, all the external email was then routed to those users. tyr it.

Regards

Thanks, but I checked that field it is blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back