Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound Call Issue - SIP/Session Manager - Disconnects Called Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripvw32

MIS
Jun 3, 2004
US
Hello All, I am in need of some assistance please:

The Configuration:

2 Avaya Session Managers - 'A' & 'B' (v5.2), 1 System Manager

12 Connected Sites -
-6 Avaya CMs (v5.1.2 or better - Use CLANS not PROCR-ETH)
-5 Cisco Sites (v7.1 or better)

Session Managers are routing calls via SIP control messaging, Voice Path is directly PBX to PBX.

Session Managers have 2 connections to each of the PBXs, for a total of 4 connections per site - however some of the connections in the PBXs use the same for both Session Managers.

In the Avaya PBXs all Network Regions/Codec Sets/Signaling groups are identical, and all Network Regions can 'talk' to one another via the same Codec Set. In the Cisco PBXs all trunk groups are identical.

The Issue:

When calling site to site, utilizing the route patterns to transport the call via SIP using the trunk group to the 'A' Session Manager, call proceeds correctly (using the built in SIP Trace via Putty), however when the CALLED party picks up the ringing phone they are immediately disconnected and the CALLING party receives a busy.

If I set the System Manager to 'deny new service' for Session Manager 'A', calls transported via SIP using Session Manager 'B' have no issues, and calls complete fine.

The only difference between the 2 session managers are their IP addresses and physical locations. Session Manager 'A' is co-located with the System Manager, and on the same subnet as the System Manager. Configurations between the 2 Session Managers are identical.

SIP traces are identical across Session Managers, Network Routing is the same.

There is no 'Smoking Gun' as it were to point towards a particular issue.

The Question:

Anyone run into this yet? Is it an issue with the 5.2 Session Manager version? Any ideas on in-depth troubleshooting? Maybe some root causes to check out?

I haven't not run into this.. though my system mgr and session mgrs are not setup like yours.

If you haven't already I'd reboot it.

Not much help I realize but that's what I'd do if I could not figure it out on the trace.

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back