Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbound Call Display detail for 2nd call to set

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPhoneguy

Technical User
Nov 25, 2005
CA
Hi guys,

I am a bit stumped on this one. If a caller is on their primary line and they get a 2nd call which hunts to their overline, the display is only showing the last 5 digits of the phone number, not the full 10 digit number.

For the first call, the display will show the full number.

Which load should I be looking in to fix this?

if you have TDD in the CLS it is most likely the display on the phone

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Also make certain you have CLS TDD CNDA DNDD

Not DNDA

Another reason for garbled display is the line appears on many phones, all on the same line card. Spread the phones out among cards if that is the case.

And yet the final case has to do with Rls 22 or thereabouts when TDD was first introduced. The controller cards and the software didn't mix well when TDD was used widely.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Well the answer seems so simple. The local IT guy in that office sent me a picture of the display. The call timer was using up 7 digits on the display and that is what only 5 of the digits were showing up for the phone number. I had him turn off the call timer and now they can see the full phone number.

Thanks for the help PerryPJ and GHTROUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back