Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inbound and outbound routing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimclan

Technical User
Mar 2, 2001
US
Right now my Cisco 2524 has a Static Route that specifies the next hop for outbound traffic. I want to redirect INBOUND traffic to a specific interface that is on the same subnet as the router itself... Is this possible??? Does the Cisco router differentiate between inbound and outbound?

Matt

I'm no expert in this area, however everything I have looked at suggest a Radius server,and or a firewall. Sorry, I hope someone else has a better answer than mine. :-( Jeter@LasVegas.com Remember to pass Cisco's CCNA you need at least an 849 to pass!!!

I would play with policy routing for this. It uses access-lists to filter what you want and you apply it to the interface. you can force the packets to go out a certain port..

ie.. you set up a list that takes all HTTP traffic from the lAN port, then apply the policy and force only this traffic to leave a particuler port. Of course, this works in reverse if you want. You can specify port, next hop, next hope default address or default interface.

This policy routing will override the route table entries to the same destination.

Hope this helps

Mike S
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back