Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inbooklet plug-in...experiences welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossmcd

Technical User
Jun 28, 2006
CA
Guys

Currently experimenting with the Inbooklet plug-in on Indesign CS2 Mac. Increasingly I am being asked to design brochures with more than a handful of pages, hence the experimenting with Inbooklet (for documents from a dozen to a few dozen pages).

I would welcome insight from forum experts or users who have experience - either good or bad - of the Inbooklet plug-in.

Are there any pitfalls in its treatment of artwork/layers/...? (i presume that it flatten layers?)
Or pitfalls in the plug-in features?
Or other relevant plug-ins that are much better at organising the layout of multi-page documents.

Thanks
Ross

Inbooklet works just fine but, in most cases the printer wants to do their own impostion rather than have the designer do it. We have not bee asked for an imposed document in 15 years.

The inbooklet se plugin that came with indesign is fine for imposing most things we use it for running proofs.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

I have never had any trouble or issues with InBooklet and have used it for years. It doesn't make any changes to the document with the exception of page layout.

Touching on what jmgalvin said, I supply most jobs as single page PDFs...letting the printer do the pagination. I wouldn't impose or paginate anything unless specifically requested by the printer. If you're printing in-house (proofs or final output or whatever), InBooklet is a great resource. There aren't a lot of binding options, but most people need it for the 2-up saddle stitch anyway.

Hope that helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back