Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inappropriate Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMWCSD

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2004
US
I work for a school district where we provide some of our students with e-mail addresses. With Exchange 2000 I was able to monitor the mailboxes to ensure that the students were not doing anything they should not. With Exchange 2003 I do not seem to have the ability to monitor the e-mail. Does anyone know how to configure this, that I will be able to access the students e-mail remotely?

You could tick the box in AD Users and Computers to copy all messages to a second user, ie. your e-mail account. Or you could switch on archiving or journalling - this will copy all messages on the mailbox store to a dedicated mailbox.

If you want to gain access to a mailbox you will need to give yourself permission to access the mailbox. See

I agree with Tightpants on assigning permissions. The journalling takes up a lot of disk space so probably not an option for a budget sensitive school district.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back