Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inactivity Timeout terminates Save Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyt1513

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2002
US
I am running Legato 6.0.3 on Solaris 2.6
I have a StorageTek Timberwolf Tape Library.
All of my backups run smoothly, I upgraded from Networker 5.4 or something like that a while back because of this one problem but it did not fix it.

One of my clients in a group is backing up the first drive but timing out on the second much larger 40 gig hard drive. I have other machines with 160 gig hard drives working ok so it isn't the size. The error message I am getting is ..

E:\ Volume 3267 on /dev/rmt/0cbn is being terminated because: inactivity timeout.

It then moves on and backs up identical machines. This machine has no problem with restores, so it isn't a name resolution problem.

Any ideas?

Also 3 other clients are plugged into the same switch and they are working.

Please help,

Mike

sound like a network negotiation problem. Are there errors on the switch? force full/100 on switch and client may fix it. Try going to 6.11 also on server and client.

thanks,

That was what I thought, I just replaced the NIC. Lets see how that works.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back