Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In XP Pro & 98SE - TDK 32x10x40 cannot read what it records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy47

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
US
I bought a TDK 32x10x40 CDRW - using EZ CD Creator (updated for XP) version 5.1.104 - it will record and read sessions from a CDRW disc but not from a CDR disk. The CDR showed up empty and you can see it's been recorded.
Any clues? My old HP 9100i works okay in 98SE, but the TDK does the same thing in 98se as well
Is it possible that there is an error in XP and 98SE? Thanks for any help.

I would uninstall the EZ-CD software. There are many glitches associated with it in XP. Just go onto CNET.com and check the product reviews and in particular the update reviews to get a feel for the problem.

I am using the XP setup standard-issue (with an Iomega CDRW), which works for backups and simple file copying, but I haven't found a truly reliable program yet that is XP-compatible. If you want to use the original O/S setup again you may have to reinstall XP.

For reliability with EZ-CD I use my win2k machine with EZCD 4.x which is the best for music tracks etc.

I tried Iomega HotBurn with XP, which generally works OK, but it suffers from chronic buffer underruns, which ruin blank cd's. Email me! denodave@yahoo.com
Real men pray...especially techies!

Nero seems to work quite well so far. All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Hi Lucy47
I think you have answered your own question.
The problem might be, either a faulty TDK driver installation or TDK CDRW drive being faulty.

I use EZCD 5.11E_3 with XP.. and it is 100% compatible with XP. so your version is ALSO...

which part of the program are u using to cut the CDR with.
EZCD or the direct CD version that came with XP.?

i have no problems with EZCD 5.11 cutting/burning either CDRW'S OR CDR's.

1. for CDRW's i format so that i can copy and paste or packet write to them.
2. i use the data program to make all CDR's.
3. every time i use copy and paste or SEND TO for CDR's i have to reboot so as to clear the memory. other wise it simply read the last CD that i cut. so there fore i do not use SEND TO

Frank Smith
s0121@starband.net
"SomeWhere in Kansas--"Near Dodge City"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back