Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

in word how to remove 'Reviewers'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2004
GB
I need to know how to completely remove the list of reviewers from a word 2002 document so that when I send the doc to a someone else they can't see all the names of the other reviewers.

Now, no matter who I send a doc seems to gets a list of every reviewer who has EVER sent me a document (even different than the current doc). And, every time I open a word doc sent by a new reviewer, my system adds this reviewer's name to the list and I can not get rid of the names of any of these reviewers, even if I open a fresh word file.

How can I totally erase the list of reviewers from my word system/computer?

Here is a cut and paste of a thread I saw that maybe better explains my dilemma.

MIS) Feb 10, 2004
Is there any way to stop the reviewers from being shown in Word 2002? Once I have finished a document I can click on Show\Reviewers and any one who has worked on the document is listed. If I wanted to send a finished document out to another co-worker I didn't want the list of reviewers to be shown.

Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate.
fumei (TechnicalUser) Feb 11, 2004
The simplest way is to remove Reviewers from the menu, once you are done. Right click the reviewing toolbar to Customize it. Move through the Show menu and drag off Reviewers. Close the customize dialog and Reviewers is gone from the menu choices.

This will work for most people. However, the Reviewer data is still there, and can be seen if you customize and recreate the Reviewers menu item.

To REALLY lock it out, you will need to use VBA. Let me know if you want some ideas for doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back