Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In which CSP File can we pass database Uid and pwd in eportfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

savi

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
US
Can any please tell me the CSP file to add Database user login Id and password through URL to view report in Eportfolio? If any one did this, please tell me the exact line where I have to add this URL Commands and How I could get it these Userid and pwd data for the database access.
Thanks in advance.

There are lots of samples in the help system to view reports using CSP or by passing data via the URL, these are not the same thing.

This:

"Can any please tell me the CSP file to add Database user login Id and password through URL to view report in Eportfolio? "

There are logon.csp and logonform.csp files, but you don't need them to log someone in.

Here's some basics:

CE creates one per-session cookie for each piece of information pass to the report via GET or POST. The cookie temporarily stores the information for use by the report viewer. For example, if you browse to a report using the following URL:

CE stores the following cookies on the client computer:

· user0 - stores the userid for the database logon
· password0 - stores the password for the database logon
· promptex-param1 - stores the value for the report parameter "param1"
· promptex-param2 - stores the value for the report parameter "param2"

In addition, CE creates the following cookies:

· PSCOOKIE - stores page server information for viewing
· WCSID - stores the name of the APS
· APSTOKEN - stores a logon token, validating the user to view reports
· promptonrefresh - stores whether or not to prompt the user for parameter values when refreshing the report
· RCOOKIE - stores the path to the report

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back