Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In this special case, how to connect Subreport to Main report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bixia

Programmer
Jun 11, 2006
US
Hi, I am new in this forum.
In my VC++ program, I provide SQL queries to main report and sub-report separately (the query is passed from the program).
The contents of the sub-report are related with the contents of the main report. Me question is how to let the sub-report use the ID that the main report is currently using to filter the data, or make the Main and sub reports cordiated on the ID.

I linked the subreport to the main report. The IDs are linked, but it does not work.

Please forward your instruction.
Thanks.

What does "The IDs are linked, but it does not work." equate to?

You don't get data in the subreport, or? Are there record selections involved or suppression?

Linking works, make sure that the data types are indentical and the format is the same.

-k

What does "..." equate to? -- The ID is common in sub and main, I linked them via "edit/subreport links"

The subreport gets all the data without filtered by that ID.
Please notice that the two query are passed from VC++ program.
Thanks.

Sounds like the record selection isn't being set in the subreport, which is where the linking occurs.

-k-

Thank for you reply. After more test, I find the problem is cased by the complicity of the Data in subreport. The problem is solved.
Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back