Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In search of Print function

Status
Not open for further replies.

asha

Programmer
Jun 23, 2000
IN
hi,<br><br>I want to print the result of php file.<br>ex: onclicking a button&nbsp;&nbsp;i want to print the the resultant page(form).I don't want to use the print option given by the editors<br><br>please help me<br><br>thank you in advance

A web page, by definition, does not have any access to your PC.&nbsp;&nbsp;So, you can't define your own functions, for example, to spool the page directly to the PCs spooler.&nbsp;&nbsp;For a start, it might not even be a PC that is looking at your page.<br><br>This leaves you with the print functions offered by the browser.&nbsp;&nbsp;The person viewing your page can select &quot;File/Print...&quot;, or press the &quot;Print&quot; icon, and the page is printed.&nbsp;&nbsp;The closest you can get to this on a web page may be to create a button that calls some Javascript to access the browser's print function. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>--<br>
0 1 - Just my two bits

Thank you for the information.I tried to access the browser's print function but i am unable to get the reference.If you provide a sample code then it will be very<br>helpful to me.<br><br>looking forward for your reply<br><br><br>regards<br>&nbsp;asha<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back