Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Search of Computer Groups, Clubs, and Meets

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriss1563

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2004
US
This may be out of context to this forum but I was wondering if anyone knows of any clubs or groups that get together and talk tech (computer forums, certification, hardware, software, and gaming) I live in the Chicago area and I have referenced a few clubs online but they usually meet once a month. I don't have any friends who are as interested in the I. T. field as I am. When I talk to them I always feel I am talking in a different language then they are unless I start talking about cars and women (LOL). I would like to involve myself with more people who have an understanding and like to chat about anything I. T. Feel free to respond with any info you can share. If you live in the Chicago area and would like to start a club of this nature feel free to email me.

** Note**

I am not interested in a dating service or anything of that nature. This is teckkie chat and only teckkie chat. Any other interests need not apply! All are welcome to join in!!

Theres got to be some around - especially in as big of a city as Chicago.

Check local search engines or local portals. Call or email around to smaller computer shops, etc.

"Never underestimate the power of determination"

Stuart
Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back