Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In PS CS4, way to open up image WITHOUT it attaching to top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikky0000

Technical User
Jan 12, 2009
Hi,
Using winxp, PS CS4

I use double screens and drag image from screen to another.

If theres' an image open already, I would like to drag the next image but then open as a FLOATING image and not get connected to the top bar. Because when it does, I have to 'unhook' it from the top bar to float it and then drag that image to the 1st one.

hopefully this makes sense.

is there a way to alter this to save some of the back and forth steps.

Nicole

...your referring to tabbed windows, you can turn that off in the interface preferences (preferences > interface > open documents in tabs)...

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

yeah, that one I knew, I was just hoping that we can modify the behavior for a picture that is being dragged, so that we can get the best of both worlds.

Nicole

...the only other function is holding the control key to prevent an image from docking to another (this reverses the dragging preference set up in the preferences)...

...swapping images that are docked is easy enough by dragging the tabs left and right over the top of other tabs...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back