Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Over My Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon51

Technical User
Jul 29, 2002
US
Ok... I thought with years of Dbase and Alpha 4-5 work I could handle Access.... I am here to admit to all of you, I AM WRONG.... ( cough, cough...) I have been asked to make an Estimating ( Quote, proposal ) type database where the user selects items from a primary database, defines the quanity and then Access produces a report which includes all the items selected and calculates an amount based on costs in the primary database. I feel as if I am re-inventing the wheel. Has anyone got a database set that is close to this that they are willing to share. Something like the templates here in Access 2000. I have speant a good bit of time looking at the inventory sample and it just not a time worthy thing to modify. I'll give you all the credit you want !!!
Thanks
Old Green Dragon guy

I would probably check AC2k's Import/Link Feature. See if AC2K can link data (Tables) from your existing database (I'm assuming that it isn't an Access DB). Hopefully AC2K is compatable with the info from your Back End Data DB. Now run your own queries from those tables, and reports from those queries. That help at all? Sorry its kind of short - I'll elaborate if you need more. Just reply.

-Josh ------------------
-JPeters
Got a helpful tip for Access Users? Check out and contribute to 'How to Keep Your Databases from becoming Overwhelming!'
thread181-293590
jpeters@guidemail.com
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back