Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Macola ES, will F9 and Excel Add-in work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieB313

Technical User
Dec 19, 2006
US
We are upgrading to Macola ES V 9.5.500 E4Shell V 9.5.0.343, and we are on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit OS and Office 2010 (Excel 2010).

As I am working with the test company on our one PC that uses the F9 add in, I am attempting to get the Excel add in to connect to the Test company database. We get the message:

Application name: EXCEL
Logon failed
Source: C:\DEV\e4slayer.dll\edb.cpp (line 3953)
Cannot connect with 'DRIVER={SQL Server};Server=MACOLAES;Database=033;TRUSTED_CONNECTION=YES'.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Login timeout expired
SQL State: S1T00
EDL error: An error has occurred in the execution of the ODBC function 'SQLDriverConnect'.

However I can connect to the test company database from the PC by setting up a system DSN and using the Windows authentication. I notice that F9 accesses our live database using SQL Server authentication. Additionally, PC's that do not have F9 installed (basically everyone else) can access the Excel add in.

My question is, will I be able to log in to the test company data using the Excel Add-in while F9 is still active and connecting to the live company?

Sorry if my question is too long, thanks in advance for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back