Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

in-house support for Micro's Point of Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divona

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2015
A2
I've been asked to determine what type of IT skill set is needed to support the Simphony POS system. There will be approximately 10 terminals and the server will be hosted local to the terminals running Oracle. If someone can point me to a good online resource would be awesome.

Thanks

Any of your IT people should be able to support it, it is just a matter of getting experience with the system. If you need manuals and such ask and you shall receive what we have. However, you should also have the documentation from Micros that comes with the system.

Should there be someone that has DBA experience onsite due to the SQL backend?

As it's not necessarily needed, but it can help. You don't need a full time DBA, a Jr. DBA would suffice. The DBA would come into play when you have Database issues or need certain DB maintenance jobs worked on. I am not sure how Simphony is and if it is picky like 3700 and 9700 systems are. Remember we are always here as well.

It looks like I need to capture more details. Any recommendations to a site I can link to that might cover this topic?

Thanks again for your assistance.

The only thing I've found for Simphony online is the "wiki" they keep on the Micros customer portal.

You may be able to get access by talking to your local Micros dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back