Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In House Outlook Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomR100

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
I created two in-house Outlook forms and I had my signature was set at the time I created these forms. SO now when the forms are used there is my signature at the bottom.

Is there anyway besides creating a new form to get rid of these signatures?

We use Outlook 2000 at our office.

Thank you,
TomR100

Have you tried modifying the form to delete the signature and then republishing it?

--
Mike

Why make it simple and efficient when it can be complex and wonderful?

Mike,
When I view the form in desin view I do not see my signature but when the form is published and a user enters information then the signature is present.

Weird!

Tom, Based on the info you've posted...

It may be a problem with Outlook form cache. The first time a user opens an Outlook form Outlook will cache that form. (Ever notice it takes an extra second to open a form for the first time, but after that it happens instantaniously?)

The changes you are making to the form are not being seen by the users because they have the last version of the form cached on their PCs.

Try this....
Do you have a user who has NOT worked with this form? If so, open the new form from their PC. If the signature is not there, then we know that the correct version of the form is published and we know that we need to remove the form cache from the PCs of the users who HAVE used the form before the recent revision.

--
Mike

I am currently having the same problem.
I created a simple form and published on our network drive so that our recieving clerk can quickly notify an individual when a personal package arrives.
When that individual prints the email it has my signature on it, so the individual comes to me for their package instead of the clerk (who sent it).
I can't figure out how to modify the body of the printout in the form's design mode (edit read page).
If I find something useful, I reply back.
I just wanted in on this thread, so it'll email me on updates.

"It doesn't matter how idiot-proof you make it, someone makes a better idiot!"

cdavisdccb,

Check your form to see if there is a text box named "MESSAGE". If there is, see if your autosignature is there by scrolling to the bottom of the "MESSAGE" text box.

--
Mike

TomR100, I also meant to address the above post to you. Check your form for the "Message" text box and see if the signature resides there.

--
Mike

Mike,
I do not see a text box named message on the forms. Shoudl I be looking in the properties for the signature?

Thank you in advance,
TomR100

I think Mike is on the right track.
I dragged the {Message} field from the Control Toolbox to my form (in design mode) and my old signature appeared.
I then deleted it and set the {Message} field to:
VISIBLE = FALSE

Then ran the form and sent it to myself.
My new (since creating this form, my phone # changed so I can tell a difference in signatures) signature appeared in the print preview of the email.

I am getting ready to publish it to the public folders and will try sending it from the Clerks PC to myself and see what happens.

I'll keep you posted.

Chris

"It doesn't matter how idiot-proof you make it, someone makes a better idiot!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back