Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In Design problem with a table in master page

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamJamin

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
I'm doing a catalog in In Design CS on a PC. On my Master page I made a text box and created a table to house the catalog info. But when I try and insert the pictures and text in the document pages I can't get an insertion point. I tried creating text boxes on the master page, but they don't work in the document.

Do I have to make boxes for every cell on every page to insert items? If so, what's the best way to do it?

There is some way of activating text frames placed on a master page within the document which I am sure would work for activating tables placed on a master page in the document page. Have a look in the Help menu.

Basically, elements on a master page are not usually 'active' in the document pages - that's why MPs exist for things like running headers/footers and auto page numbering - but I recall reading somewhere how this can be over-ridden in ID.

Marcus - Thanks for jumping in. I haven't used ID enough to know the shortcut - I just knew it existed.

(PS. Finally got a new job which pays a lot better than the previous one - inhouse designer for a dental products distributor. But I've had to learn to use a Mac after 15 years on a PC).

Thanks for your help MarcusStringer. That works for inserting the text. However, I am still having a problem, with the images. The best I can figure is to put an image box in the library then drag it onto the pages then insert the images to that box. Seems there should be a more efficient way.

Do you mean you are trying to insert images into the table?
If so then the image has to fit inside the table frame, otherwise you get a little red dot, which means it's overflowed.

Eggles... congrats, hope it's all going well for you.

Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back