Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

In an Excel Export... can I get the sheet name to not use the file name of the Report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmithmme

Technical User
Jun 3, 2004
US
Strange one here... Using Crystal 8.5 with a paradox database, I am exporting invoice information to an Excel file in order to be imported into QuickBooks. However, when I create the export, the Sheet tab uses the file name of the Report (salesinv.rpt), and the importing into QB program doesn't like the "." before the rpt extension. Is there any way to keep the sheet tab from using the file name. To be frank, I am skeptical there is a solution, but there is some really smart people on these forums so I throw myself on your wisdom! [bigsmile]

HI,

Why not export a .csv text file. I believe that Quicken et al can import text files.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

No, there's no way to change that. Also, Crystal 8.5 has been out of support for at least 10 years, probably longer. If you can upgrade to the latest - Crystal 2013 - Excel files are exported with the default sheet name of "Sheet1".

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back